In relation to Tech stuff, here are some tips for Christmas shopping for digital and electric products.
1) Get an extended warranty, it does not matter what you are buying. Digital and electrical products fail after a lot of usage or because of poor built quality. If no warranty is offered, walk away and find another store or product that offers a full warranty.
2) If a product is not in stock, don't buy the nearest alternative. Be patient and wait for after the holiday season, you'll get what you want maybe at a sale or discount price.
3) Ask about a store's return policy. This is a concept that is barely used and should be. If you and a family member buy the same gift, you might have to return the gift. Do they accept refund or store credit?, be sure to ask.
4) Shop around, many stores offer a reserve policy online or in store. This can be an ideal tool if you're looking for an ideal offer. Look around for sales, offers, and discounts both online and in stores.
5) Look around for reviews on items you want to buy. There might be defects or problems with the product that other users have experienced. You want to know as much as you can about a product before buying it.